Assure that the PCLI philosophy of quality and caring treatment of patients and staff is maintained in all daily clinical activities.
POSITIONS Circulator, Scrub and Surgery Assistant, Laser Technician
STATUS 2/3 Time (24-29 HR WK)
ORGANIZATION Site Manager
Assist in cleaning, stocking and preparation of the surgery department. Assist in surgical procedure; charting, set up, and assisting the surgeon in the sterile environment. Expedite the changeover of the surgery suites between procedures. Assist other team members to achieve a safe, harmonious patient flow. Use and maintenance of surgery instruments and equipment properly using principles of sterile technique to ensure that patient and employee safety is maintained.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in cleaning and set-up in the mornings, between each surgery and at the end of the surgery day.
- Assist personnel in their duties, supplying items for each specialized surgery, gowning and gloving, patient transfer and patient care.
- Know the location of equipment and be familiar with its operation.
- Be familiar with the location and maintenance of surgery instruments.
- Maintain sterile technique.
- Ensure proper patient record documentation using the Next Gen computer program and intraocular lens selection.
- Assist in maintaining and/or ordering of supplies.
- Work efficiently with patients, doctors and other personnel to attain a pleasant environment for PCLI patients.
- Travel in company vehicles and small planes to other sites is required when hired for traveling surgery or upon Supervisor request
SCHEDULE Monday – Thursday 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
*Schedule may vary according to patient schedule and clinic needs
- Attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills and legible handwriting
- Pleasant, caring, cooperative attitude
- The ability to work with a team and to achieve common goals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Exceptional “Fix-it” skills
- * Good driving record with driver’s motor vehicle record and criminal history check upon job offer
- Medical Assistant License- PCLI Expense
- Surgical Tech License-PCLI Expense
- Neat, clean appearance
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strength and balance adequate to assist handicapped patients as necessary
- Ability to work occasional long hours with limited breaks
- Good hearing and visual acuity* testing required upon hire date and annually thereafter *Must have distance vision of 20/40 with or without correction. Correction must be worn while at work
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time